Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge 2020 and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualify candidates for Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0 ($50,000 in Funding) 2020. Deadline for Submitting of applications for this program is indicated in this article. Continue Reading
Johnson & Johnson has launched the Champions of Science Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0. the second continent-wide competition calling on African innovators to submit ideas for innovative technologies, products and solutions that have the potential to create positive impact for African communities. The challenge focuses on identifying scalable and sustainable solutions to six major health and environmental problems for Africa’s population.
The Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0 is designed to address the critical unmet needs of the continent and local communities in Africa while providing support to Africa-based entrepreneurs in creating innovative health care products and services. Among the selection criteria, entries must demonstrate the potential for scale from proof of concept stage to long-term sustainability.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Categories.
- Botanical Solutions: They are seeking naturally-derived, plant-based solutions that tap into traditional knowledge and deliver consumer health and wellness benefits through topical application;
- Packaging Innovations: They are seeking sustainable innovations for packaging of single dose units and other affordable product sizes that will reduce or eliminate waste, while protecting the product;
- Mental Health: They are seeking innovations that create awareness for mental illness as a public health problem and offer solutions for patients, caregivers, and their communities to address these issues.; and
- Essential Surgical Care: They are seeking innovations that promote access to timely, safe and skilled surgical care.
- Digital Health Tools: For one or more of the areas of HIV, Tuberculosis, Mental Health, Maternal Health and Ebola, they are seeking digital tools (including apps and other mobile/web/data enabled tech) for these important health care areas that can inform, educate, communicate and connect people to treatment, support and care through their reach and information and improve health outcomes especially for women.
- Health Worker Support: They are seeking innovations that support the wellbeing and resilience of nurses, midwives and community health workers at the heart of delivering care.
Johnson & Johnson Challenge Eligibility.
- Open to citizens and permanent residents of African Countries;
- Applicant must submit an innovative idea in at least one of the categories.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Benefits.
- Challenge participants with the best solutions will receive up to US$50,000 in funding and mentorship from the global network of scientists, engineers and business managers within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to bring new solutions forward.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Evaluation Criteria.
The submitted health care solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Idea submission addresses at least one of the six challenges categories
- Idea submission is innovative and creative
- Idea submission is scalable
- Idea submission outlines how the award would help the applicant(s) reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year and provides a full commercialization plan
How to Apply Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge.
Click the ‘Apply HERE link’ below and then follow the directions provided to complete and submit the Application. You represent that all information provided as part of the Application is truthful and accurate. All Applications must be received by the deadline stated.
Deadline: Application Closed.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.