Macquarie University iMQRES/iRTP Scholarships 2020 Students Updates.
Macquarie University iMQRES/iRTP Scholarships 2020: The Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) scheme is a Doctoral (PhD) scholarship program that aims to support exceptional research students.
The scheme supports students enrolled in research priority areas aligned with the University’s Strategic Research Framework 2015 to 2024 World – Leading Research with World – Changing Impact, as well as the broader University.
This scholarship is available for citizens of countries other than Australian/New Zealand.
Doctoral degree programme.
All successful iRTP applicants for a PhD will receive 3 years of tuition fee coverage and a travel allowance (applied to the OPAL travel card). Successful MPhil candidates receive funding for 2 years. Additionally, successful iRTP applicants will receive a stipend (living allowance), currently valued at $27,082 pa, tax exempt (2018 rate).
Applicants applying for admission to PhD, who are (counter) offered entry to MRes Year 2 with a provisional 3-year PhD and who rank competitively for scholarship, may be offered a scholarship to cover their MRes Year 2 program. The fully internally funded iMQRES, offers the same stipend plus tuition fees for up to 3 years for students enrolling in 2020.
Awards will only be available to applicants who:
- Are citizens of countries other than Australian/New Zealand, and not Australian Permanent Residents.
- Have already completed, or expect to complete in 2019 a research master’s degree
- Are enrolling as full-time students
- Will undertake a Masters of Philosophy or Doctorate in 2020.
- Scholarship holders must reside in Sydney, Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave.
Awards will not be available to those who:
- Are receiving another equivalent or major award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program
- Have already completed a research Doctoral degree or its equivalent
- Have already completed a higher degree in research at the same level or at a higher level than the proposed candidature
- Provide false or misleading information to the University. Where there is reason to believe this condition has not been upheld, the University reserves the right to reassess the student’s entitlement to the award.
Overseas Student Health Cover
Please note that for eligible candidates that have been offered an iRTP or iMQRES scholarship will need to purchase overseas student health cover for the full visa period. Note that overseas student health cover must be purchased upfront at the time of acceptance as per Australian Government requirements.
The student visa (subclass 500) requires students to purchase an additional 8 months OSHC after the course end date for research programs. Eligible candidates will have the overseas student health cover fee confirmed at the time of offer.
Overseas student health cover fees quoted here are based on 2017 as per Health Provider’s fee schedule: 22 months single policy $1,151 (MRes Year 2) and 45 months single policy $2,633 (PhD). Dual family and Multi-family quotes are available upon request. Neither the iRTP nor the iMQRES nor MRes/PhD ‘bundle’ cover relocation costs, establishment allowances or thesis allowances.
How to Apply
For new applicants, the Higher Degree Research Office at Macquarie University uses a single online application to apply for both candidature and scholarship. The application process is as follows for new applicants:
- Go to the How to Apply Entry Requirements webpage and follow the steps to complete an application. This includes uploading electronic original or certified copies of:
- Academic transcripts and Degree testamur/graduation certificate confirming eligibility for the award. An official English translation must be included if documents are not in English
- The qualification’s grading scale: A certified copy of your proof of identity, such as personal details page(s) of your passport o An original or certified copy of documents providing evidence of any name change (if applicable).
- Evidence of meeting the English language proficiency requirements
- A research proposal outline with reference list (general guidelines are provided on the How to Apply Entry Requirements webpage. Please check with Faculty/Department of interest for length)
Other relevant documentation, if applicable (such as research output)
- In the eApplication portal, you must indicate iRTP/iMQRES in the scholarship question
- Applicants must request their referees to send the Academic Referee Reports directly to [email protected] *Current MQ HDR Candidates and applicants that have previously received a valid Macquarie University letter of offer for
Note: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: Not known yet.
If you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Macquarie University iMQRES/iRTP Scholarships 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.